Thursday 2 February 2012

Around Loch Affric

Putting up some photos from the ride around Loch Affric which I did a couple of weeks ago. Great ride. Easy track on one side of the loch with moderately technical return on the other side. I also cycled out to the Youth hostel which is closed, to May I think. It was cold and I was continuously breaking through ice into water, the splashed water freezing on my shins, but as you can see it was a stunning day. It was great to see  the remnants of the Caledonian forest as I have been reading Jim Crumley's book about it.

Sgurr na Lapaich


Bridge to cross at the end of the loch with Strawberry cottage behind

Add caption

 The youth hostel
View down the lochs on the return path

Looking towards Kintail from the youth hostel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Wood-Ancient-Forest/dp/184158973X

No comments:

Post a Comment